Monday 29 March 2010

Elvaston Castle Country Park(field report-ish)


I visit Elvaston Castle Country Park during the day 3 or 4 times a week but rarely see many moths there, all I found there last year was a single Small Magpie but in the last couple of days things have changed. Yesterday I noticed 3 Engrailed resting on tree trunks, I took a small pot with me today to catch one so I could get a photo and compare it with the Engrailed I get in my garden. The Elvaston Engrailed are mixed shades of brown whereas the ones I get at home are more blue/green with some brown so even though Elvaston is only a couple of miles from my home there is quite a bit of variation. I found 7 Engrailed at Elvaston today as well as 1 Diurnea Fagella and a micro which escaped from the pot as I was getting the Diurnea into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment