Friday 2 July 2010

Yay!!....it's raining!!!

Blackneck

??? micro #1

??? micro # 2

Gold Spot

Common Footman

Poplar Grey

Dot Moth

Lime Speck Pug
Last year when it rained I didn't trap for obvious reasons but this year the rain hasn't stopped me in fact I would say it has helped!, as mentioned in previous posts I place the MBT/funnel trap just inside the back door and the moths seem to be looking for refuge so they fly into the trap by the dozen. Last night was no exception with 131 moths of  48 different species and no less than 6 NFY and 3 NFG....all I have to do now is work out what they all are.

NFG

Blackneck
??? micro #1(Lozotaeniodes formosanus?)
??? micro #2

NFY

Gold Spot
Poplar Grey
Dot Moth
Common Footman
Lime Speck Pug
Common Rustic(no photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment