Tuesday 17 August 2010

That's better....

Ypsolopha parenthesella

Ypsolopha parenthesella(again)

Small Square Spot

Square Spot Rustic

Feathered Gothic

Calamatropha paludella

Dark Sword Grass
The new lamp almost doubled the catch on Monday night and it included some beauties including my first ever Feathered Gothic, I also got the second Dark Sword Grass for this year but this one didn't manage to fly off before I got a photo.  The Gold Spot moths have started to turn up in decent numbers again including one which is quite different in appearance so I'm hoping it's a Lempke's Gold Spot, I'll be sending it to my county recorder so he can get it checked properly and I'll let you know the result as soon as I have it.

2 comments:

  1. Ian,

    Your first micro is Ypsolopha parenthesella, and the other one is a pyralid - Calamatropha paludella.

    The ?Square-spotted Clay? is, I'm fairly sure, a Small Square-spot (second generation).

    Mark

    ReplyDelete