Monday 31 May 2010

Common Swift & Cabbage Moth

It stayed at 10c and the rain predicted for 1am didn't arrive so I had a reasonable night with Common Swift new for my garden and my first Cabbage Moth of the year which takes me to over 100 garden species for this year. I also got a micro I'm not sure of and a Pug that looks different to me but having said that you could probably line up 10 of the same type of Pug and they would all look different in some way.
Nemophora metallica

??? micro#1

??? Pug#1

Cabbage Moth

Common Swift
 I've also included a photo of Nemophora metallica which I caught earlier today at Elvaston Castle country park....you can easily see why they call them 'longhorn' moths.
 The trap was out from 9:30pm to 3:20am

3 Light Brown Apple Moth
3 Brimstone
1 Common Swift(NFG)
1 Green Carpet
1 Cabbage Moth(NFY)
3 Flame Shoulder
1 Common Marbled Carpet
1 Pale Tussock
2 Mottled Pug
1 Common Pug
1 Ochreous Pug
2 Scalloped Hazel
1 Scalloped Hazel(f.nigra)
8 Heart + Dart
3 Shuttle Shaped Dart
1 Bright-line Brown-eye
7 Rustic Shoulder Knot
2 Garden Carpet
1 Tinea trinotella
2 Argyresthia trifasciata
1 ??? micro#1
1 ??? Pug#1

No comments:

Post a Comment