Friday 21 May 2010

Not so busy tonight

Lime Hawk
Cochylis atricapitana
Agapeta hamana
Eudonia truncicolella
????#1 micro
Peppered Moth
Codling Moth

Spruce Carpet
I was out till midnight so I left the MBT set up ready for my wife to plug in once it started getting dark(9:30 apparently!), when I got back there wasn't much in the trap so I got the MV out and swapped them over. I was curious to see if the MBT caught anything the MV hasn't had recently but apart from 1 micro there wasn't anything different in there. It was a few degrees cooler at 12c and the sky was clear with a fairly bright half moon so it wasn't as busy as Wednesday night but a few new micros my first Codling and Peppered Moth of the year as well as another Lime Hawk(much nicer) made it all worthwhile.

MBT out from 9:30pm till 12:10am

1 Poplar Kitten
1 Waved Umber
1 Pine Beauty
1 Hebrew Character
1 ???#1 micro

MV out from 12:15 to 3:30am

1 Lime Hawk
1 Waved Umber
1 Brimstone
1 Peppered Moth(NFY)
1 Spruce Carpet
3 Common Carpet
3 Light Brown Apple Moth
1 Codling Moth(NFY)
1 Brindled Pug
3 Common Pug
2 Foxglove Pug
1 Bright-line Brown-eye
2 Rustic Shoulder Knot
3 Argyresthia trifasciata
2 Eudonia augustea(NFG?)
1 Agapeta hamana(NFG)
1 Cochylis atricapitana(NFG)

No comments:

Post a Comment