Saturday 12 June 2010

Elvaston Castle update

Scoparia ambigualis

Nemophora degeerella

Ptycholoma lecheana

Common Wave

Silver Ground Carpet
Apotomis turbidana
I'm still visiting Elvaston Castle Country Park regularly during the day and I've been finding the best places for trapping, I stumbled across one area which appears to have a colony of Silver Ground Carpet....I counted 25 but there were so many of them it was difficult to keep up. In that same area I also found Common Wave & Scoparia Ambigualis and in other areas I have found 2 more micros....Nemophora degeerella and Ptycholoma lecheana(ID thanks Harri). I've just got back from another visit during which I saw approx 20 N.Degeerella, the first Agonopterix heracliana for the site and a Apotomis turbidana(ID thanks Harri).

No comments:

Post a Comment