Saturday 10 October 2009

Go figure....




I've had the trap out 3 or 4 times in the last 10 days and caught nothing apart from a few Blair's Shoulder Knot, I've even had a night when the trap stayed empty!.... so when tonight turned out to be the mildest evening for a fortnight I was a bit more confident that I would get a better haul and even though there weren't a lot of moths 2 of them are new ones for my garden a Figure Of Eight and a Green Brindled Crescent. I was hoping to get some of the more autumnal moths but I didn't take into account just how hardy they would be, I had to keep the Figure Of Eight in the fridge for a couple of hours before it calmed down enough for me to get a photo and even then it quickly started flapping its wings ready to make its escape.
The trap was out from 7pm to 4am
Tonight's Log

3 Blair's Shoulder-Knot
3 Silver-Y
1 Figure Of Eight(see photo above)
1 Green Brindled Crescent(see photo above)
1 Common Marbled Carpet
1 Brimstone
1 Common Wainscot
1 Angle Shades

No comments:

Post a Comment