Friday 25 September 2009

Best night this month







The 'Skinner' trap has been out twice this week with very little to show for it but tonight proved to be somewhat better!!!, quite early in the evening I spotted a lovely Pink Barred Sallow in the trap which is a new species for my garden and there were a multitude of Carpet moths in there too....mainly Common Marbled Carpet with quite a bit of variation as well as at least one I didn't recognise and a very fresh looking Orthopygia Glaucinalis(is that a macro or a micro?). I was pleased enough at getting the moths I had seen through the perspex sheets but I wasn't expecting what I found when I came to empty the trap....a fantastic looking Black Rustic which is also a new species for my garden and oddly enough is one of the species I saw for the first time last Saturday night at Foremark Reservoir as was the Pink Barred Sallow so it's good to know that these moths turn up in my back garden eventually.
The trap was out from 8pm to 3:30am

Tonight's Log

2 Large Yellow Underwing
8 Lesser Yellow Underwing
5 Common Marbled Carpet(more new variations - see 2nd photo above)
4 Silver-Y
1 Shuttle Shaped Dart
1 Square Spot Rustic
1 Angle Shades
1 Brimstone
2 Grey Pine Carpet
1 ???? Carpet(see 3rd photo above)
1 Willow Beauty
1 Blair's Shoulder-Knot
1 Pink Barred Sallow(see 4th photo above)
1 Black Rustic(see top photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment