Sunday 13 September 2009

Unsure again




After 2 days away I was really looking forward to trapping again and it was a fairly mild evening with a reasonable amount of moths around early on, things got a bit windy later on and there were a few spots of rain but I still got a nice selection of moths. I got 3 Thorn moths which I took to be 2 Dusky Thorn and a Canary Shouldered Thorn but as I am still waiting to get assorted other Thorns I took a photo of one of them for confirmation.....the Canary Shouldered doesn't seem to have the right wing colour or 'pattern' to me so is that something else?. I also got a blue-ish carpet moth which is probably just another Common Marbled variation but it would be great to be proved wrong!.
The trap was out from 8pm to 3:45am

Tonight's Log

2 Large Yellow Underwing
9 Lesser Yellow Underwing
2 Common Marbled Carpet(possibly 3....see photo above)
2 Setaceous Hebrew Character
3 Square Spot Rustic
2 Copper Underwing
1 Common Wainscot
2 Willow Beauty
1 Garden Carpet
1 Green Carpet
1 Grey Pine Carpet
1 Angle Shades
3 Silver-Y
1 Flounced Rustic
2 Dusky Thorn
1 Canary Shouldered Thorn?(see photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment