Thursday 16 July 2009

Marbled Beauty


As forecast it rained for much of the evening but by 11pm it had stopped and though it was still cloudy it turned into a mild-ish night so I set the 'Skinner' up at around 11:15 to see if there was anything flying tonight.

I had too many other things to do and didn't get out to check it till 2am, there were about 15 moths in there plus an assortment of micro's so I did the standing round with a net trick again and added another 5 within a few minutes(mainly Early Thorns). I went out again at 2:40 and it had filled up a bit more so I netted a few more to and got back to finishing off my other tasks.

I cleared away at 3:30 and though I hadn't caught anything different to the last few nights I had trapped quite a few more than expected which were....


2 Common Footman
2 Mother Of Pearl(which I now know is a 'large micro')
2 Willow Beauty
1 Dark Arches
1 Double Square -Spot
3 Early Thorn
7 Uncertain
1 Phlyctaenia Coronata(which I also now know to be a large micro)
3 Riband Wave
1 Scalloped Oak
3 Marbled Beauty(thanks again to Ben)
14 assorted 'boring' micro moths
Not too bad considering the weather conditions and I was only using 1 trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment