Friday 17 July 2009

Silver-Y


A cold and blustery night so I wasn't hopeful but I got a few including a Silver-Y(see photo above), I've decided my plan to use just energy saving lightbulbs could be a non starter so I'll be taking the very sensible advice I got from Ben at Essex Moths(http://bensale-essexmoths.blogspot.com/) and getting an MBT lamp as soon as possible.
Anyway here's tonights log
1 Common Footman
1 Silver-Y
1 Riband Wave
1 Large Yellow Under-wing
1 Dark Arches
3 Uncertain
7 Assorted micros
Not too impressive but slightly better than nothing?

1 comment:

  1. Very best of luck when you get the new bulb, you will hopefully experience better catches, fingers crossed! its something to do wioth the UV spectrum that the lightbulb emits that attracts more Moths of different species.

    ReplyDelete