Friday 14 August 2009

Carpet World







Plenty of moths again tonight but apart from an assortment of Carpet moths there was nothing else new to my garden, these Carpet moths along with the two I had last night are turning up fairly regularly but I'm unsure about what they are. I've looked at various sites but the Carpet moths all look so similar I'm struggling to tell which is which so if anyone can help me with the 4 above it would be much appreciated(1st Garden, 2nd Grey Pine, the 3rd one I'm sure is a Green Carpet and the last one a Small Phoenix....thanks to Ben for ID help)
The trap was out from 8:45pm till 3:55am

Tonight's Log

38 Large Yellow Underwing
5 Lesser Yellow Underwing
11 Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing
8 Riband Wave
4 Silver-Y
7 Common Rustic
1 Shuttle Shaped Dart
4 Willow Beauty
5 Flame Shoulder
9 Lempke's Gold Spot
4 Gold Spot
5 Setaceous Hebrew Character
1 Spectacle
1 Six Striped Rustic
3 Common Carpet
2 Common Marbled Carpet
2 Square-Spot Rustic
2 Orange Swift
1 Blood Vein
1 Angle Shades
1 Dark Arches
1 Copper Underwing
1 Brimstone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian

    nice selection of Carpet's the 1st is a Garden, 2nd a Grey Pine Carpet, 3rd is right and 4th is a Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again thanks Ben!! :0)

    ReplyDelete