Sunday 9 August 2009

The Old Lady & the lamp




For a few weeks there's been something big lurking in the dark!, I've seen it from my window and I've seen it several times while I was out in the garden watching the trap....it even landed 2ft away from me once but flew off as soon as I moved....tonight it was there again but this time I was ready with my net and I caught it....my first Old Lady.
A fantastic nights mothing tonight with the welcome return of the Poplar Hawk and 3 new to my garden species to accompany the Old Lady.
The trap was out from 9:15pm till 4am
Tonight's Log
26 Large Yellow Underwing
9 Lesser Yellow Underwing
2 Least Yellow Underwing
4 Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing
6 Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing
11 Riband Wave
7 Silver-Y
3 Common Rustic
3 Shuttle Shaped Dart
5 Willow Beauty
3 Dark Arches
2 Ruby Tiger
1 Poplar Hawk
1 Campion
1 Copper Underwing
1 Flame Shoulder
1 Spectacle
2 Lempke's Gold Spot
1 Yellow Shell
1 Old Lady(see photo above)
1 Oak Hook Tip(see photo above)
1 Setaceous Hebrew Character(see photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment