Monday 31 August 2009

Once bitten...




Last night it was forecast to rain so I didn't put the trap out and by 1am when it was evidently a mild night with a clear sky I was kicking myself....I didn't make the same mistake twice!
Tonight was very mild and there were a lot of moths around so well worth putting the trap out even if there wasn't anything new for my garden, there were a lot of micros so I got a photo of one of them(?) as well as a photo of a particularly nice example of a Yellow Shell(I think?...see photo above).
The trap was out from 8:45pm to 3am

Tonight's Log

28 Large Yellow Underwing
14 Lesser Yellow Underwing
3 Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing
2 Angle Shades
1 Brimstone
2 Garden Carpet
1 Green Carpet
1 Bulrush Wainscot
1 Orange Swift
1 Yellow Shell(see photo above)
7 Square Spot Rustic
5 Willow Beauty
8 Common Wainscot
6 Common Marble Carpet
3 Setaceous Hebrew Character
1 Sallow
2 Copper Underwing
2 Gold Spot
1 Vines Rustic
1 Dusky Thorn
4 Silver-Y(including one of the small type)

3 comments:

  1. Nice catch, love to see a Bulrush Wainscot one day!
    your micro is Ysolopha sequella by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Moth collection.
    Good large numbers,fantastic capture.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ben and thanks to JR & Sue for deciding to follow the madness :0)

    ReplyDelete