Tuesday 18 August 2009

Fools Gold(Spots)




A clear sky again but a much warmer night tonight though still not a lot more moths around apart from Gold Spot moths of which I counted more than 20 just flying around the Buddleia, when I emptied the trap I found 35 in total(26 Lempke's Gold Spot and 9 Gold Spot) some of which I had to put in a separate container so I could work out which were which(see photo above). Just one new to my garden species tonight and I think it's a Flounced Rustic but with my reputation for getting things wrong this week it will probably turn out to be an elephant that had escaped from the local zoo and was hiding in the trap for fun! :0)
The trap was out from 9pm till 3:30am

Tonight's Log

37 Large Yellow Underwing
10 Lesser Yellow Underwing
9 Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing
2 Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing
2 Riband Wave
2 Silver-Y
3 Common Rustic
3 Willow Beauty
1 Flame Shoulder
26 Lempke's Gold Spot
9 Gold Spot
8 Setaceous Hebrew Character
1 Spectacle
2 Six Striped Rustic
1 Blood Vein
1 Smoky Wainscot
4 Common Wainscot
1 Magpie
1 Square Spot Rustic
1 Copper Underwing
1 Old Lady
1 Shuttle Shaped Dart
1 Flounced Rustic(see photo above)

No comments:

Post a Comment